CA.Sumeet Khanna, Partner
An Experienced Chartered Accountant with over 15 years of expertise in the areas of Business Analysis, Tax Planning, Tax Filings, Corporate Compliance & Advisory, Audit, Investigations & Reporting and Submissions to the Indian Tax & Regulatory Authorities. Proficient in the Setting up Business in India via Start-ups & Business Acquisitions, Obtaining Regulatory Approvals for Foreign Direct Investments & Liaison/Project Offices in India, Non Residents/ Expats Tax Advisory & Compliances, Corporate Compliances, Business Restructuring & Forensic Audits. A detail-oriented and resourceful individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, combined with an excellent understanding of complex tax & regulatory issues. AREAS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE Business Review and Analysis
• Review and analyse tax issues, both local and cross – border, being mindful of key performance factors and short and long term business objectives.
• Scrutinize financial reports and statements in order to identify opportunities and capitalize on savings through the advantageous use of tax planning.
• Due Diligence for companies with respect to Tax, Regulatory, Labour, etc. and understanding accounting practices and internal systems for best acquisitions. Tax Advisory & Compliance
• Prepare corporate and personal tax returns for Corporates & High Net worth Individuals.
• Expert Advisory under Income Tax, Service Tax, VAT/ Sales Tax, Excise and Goods & Services Tax.
• Manage Tax Audits and ensuring compliance in Tax Fillings.
• Review issues involving the India- International Double Taxation Avoidance Treaties.
• Compliance related to Tax Fillings and Clearances of Foreign Subsidiaries and Companies in India.
• Representation before Tax Authorities for Assessments, Appeals & Other Litigation Matters up till the Apex Supreme Court levels. • Investigate complex issues such as individuals relocating to/from foreign countries, and considering the effect of the foreign holdings.
• Perform tax due diligence reviews for mergers and acquisitions of corporates.
• International Tax Advisory including tax issues of a corporation carrying on business in other jurisdictions.
Audit, Investigations & Reporting
• Conduct Statutory, Tax and Internal Audit of Financial Statements of Corporates & High Net Worth Individuals.
• Conduct Transfer Pricing Audits for Cross Border Transactions of Multi-National Corporations • Conduct Due Diligence audits assisting corporates in business acquisitions, mergers and restructuring.
• Conduct Forensic and Limited Review of Financial Statements for Corporates and Multi-National Corporations.
• Investigating Serious Frauds and Maintaining trails to unearth complex issues.
• Reporting to Banks, Insurance Companies and Investigating Authorities on complex issues.
• Prepare and maintain compliance of Annual and Quarterly compliances with Regulatory authorities such as Reserve Bank of India and Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority.
• Representation before Regulatory Authorities such as Reserve Bank of India to secure permissions and approvals for corporates, expats and individuals.
• Representation before Tax Authorities for Assessments, Tax Issues, Lower Tax Rate Approvals. Professional Development Attended Workshops on Transfer Pricing Aspects, IFA
Attended Workshops on Royalty & Fee For Technical Services, IFA
Information System Auditor (ICAI), 2003 Passed Direct Insurance Broker Exam, IRDA, 2003
Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.), Delhi University, 2001